Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Florida part 4

Today my Dad and I went fishing at Charlotte Harbor. Dad's friend Mr Wilson and Mr Wilson's friend Mr Allen took us out on his boat to fish. I caught all my fish on a live shrimp on a Bommer Jig head, sometimes I had a Bommer Paradise Popper,and sometimes I just worked the shrimp like a jig with no corn. Dad caught his fish all the same way as me. I don't really know what Mr Allen and Mr Wilson used to catch fish. My dad caught 1hard head catfish and 1 ladyfish and 5 speckled trout. I don't know the exact number of fish that Mr Allen caught but I know it was a lot. I don't know the exact number of fish that Mr Wilson caught ether but I think it was around 5 or 6, and included a few snook. I caught 1 jack and 2 hard head catfish and 3 ladyfish and 5 speckled trout. We also saw a bunch of birds and stingrays. The jack that I caught was only about 2 pounds, but it fought so hard I thought it might be like 20 pounds or something. It almost took the rod right out of my hands when it took my bait. Overall today was very productive and fun. We caught a lot of fish and had a lot get off. Tomorrow night we will probably go to Big Pier 60 to fish mostly for speckled trout. Looking forward to tomorrow!

                              -Asher Samsel

No comments:

Post a Comment